Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's definitely not a Nashville party...

I'd like to share a list of my new favorite jams, my iTunes "Nicañol" playlist. Some songs are absolutely ridiculous, some are great for dancing, and some should be international hits, but may they all bring a smile to your face and moves to your body! Por favor, ¡disfrútate!

Nica-Pop:
- Te amo by Makano
- Te regalo amores by RKM & Ken-Y
- El Amor y Tito El Bambino (You can't listen to this without being unbelievably happy...just makes me want to fall in love!)
- Yo Te Extrañaré by Tercer Cielo (Brings a tear to the eye and reminds me of the 13.5 kids who belt out every single word.)
- Latinoamerica by Tercer Cielo (If only I could describe my affection for this song. Makes me want to change the world. Makes me feel like I did just that solely by listening to this song.)
- No te pido flores by Fanny Lu
- By Flex: Dime si te vas con el & Te amo tanto

Reggaeton
- Virtual Diva by Don Omar (A Patrol Car Favorite)
- Flow Natural by Beenie Man, Ines, & Tito El Bambino (Shoot! If you thought Jai Ho was a hit...well, it was, and this is different, but still good. A cross-cultural experience.)
- Sexy Movimiento by Wisin & Yandel
- Daddy Yankee: Lo Que Paso, Paso; El Impacto; Que Tengo Que Hacer
- Pitbull: Fuego; I Know You Want Me; Krazy; The Anthem; Blanco (absolutely ridiculous)

Old Habits Die Hard:
(These older songs are ones I'm still hanging on to)
- Me Gustas Tu by Manu Chao (May be old, but it's new to me. A french-spanish singer who gives a NICA shout out - nothing better!)
- Perdoname by La Factoria
- Dímelo by Enrique Inglesias (A must. Obviously. Listen to it in English OR Spanish.)
- El Telefono by Hector Bambino (One of the first songs I listened to and then realized, "Hey. I can understand this.")
- Salio el Sol
- Pam Pam (...don't know the real name, just love it)
- Eso Ehh...!!! by Alexis y Fido
- Hace Calor

Bachata:
- By Aventura: Hermanita; Eso No Es Amor (So funny. Listen, and you'll know why.)
- Te comence a querer by Tito El Bambino (Ah! Falling in love with this country one step at a time!)

Folklórico:
- La Pelo de Maiz by Otto de la Rocha (listen here)
- Nicaragua Nicaragüita by Carlos Mejía Godoy
- Son Tus Perjúmenes Mujer by Carlos Mejía Godoy

Wait...I thought I was in Nicaragua:
- Si Yo Fuera Un Chico by Beyonce
- Yo Quiero Make Love by Akon...? (Yes, a fabulous remix of AKON's "I wanna make love" - the Nicas LOVE some Akon!)
- He Querido Quererte by Franco El Gorilla ft. Tico (Chris Brown's "Forever" comes to Nica & this is their love child)
- Watcha Say by Jason DeRulo
- Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
- Ego by Beyonce
...well, guess I don't just listen to Latin music. I sneak a few American ones in there...

Hope this music brings you a huge sonrisa! Smile!

Jan Maggi (como la sopa, no?)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, keep these coming! We, the interns here in Delhi, are weekly regulars in a few dance establishments around town, and I'll be sure to have some Indian pop for you soon as well!

    ReplyDelete