Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pobrecita la Sydney


Our dear mistress of the Manna House, the one and only Sydney,* fell ill after a playful-turned-pernicious romp with Cola (her son, see photo below.) The two Rottweilers serve as faithful guards and companions, so the mood around the house has been greatly altered with everyone's favorite girl-dog under such pain. Her first visits to the vet proved futile as he diagnosed the bite as a scorpion's attack and drained the wound. Days later and a visit to a new vet proved that Cola was the true culprit. Unfortunately, this visit also witnessed Sydney's wound become infected to the point that the skin covering her injured limb fell right off! (She has been wrapped in bandages and love every since and is under a 24/7 Dog Watch.) To keep her nose out of her own business, she must wear the traditional cone around her head...but in this house, nothing stays normal for long! I came back one night to find Syndey patrolling around the house (she's since become an "indoor dog") with the four seasons decorating her lovely cone. Now, as I am on my shift of 24/7 Dog Watch, I decided to share her story with the world! An additional props to my fellow PD Amelia, who has slept with Sydney every night post-surgery...lest the bandage slide down her leg. That, folks, is dedication.

Sydney, in her healthier days, guards the house while Cola gazes contently from his lap pool

* I feel the need to note that Sydney and I weren't always bosom buddies...I spent the two months of my existence in Nicaragua deathly afraid of both rottweilers, my fears only increased by the fact that Sydney actually bit me! I thought I'd never get to the point of friendliness, but really, who can resist the charm of such lovable dogs? After all, she was only doing her job...

No comments:

Post a Comment